Note Taker Role and Responsibilities
If you have responded to a request from the Disability Services Office (DSO) to serve as a note taker, thank you for your willingness to serve as a note taker for a fellow classmate!
Note takers receive a small payment for submitting a copy of his/her notes from a class in which s/he is already enrolled. This is so the note taker will already be taking notes for him/herself. In return for his/her willingness to share a copy of his/her class notes with the Disability Services Office, the student will receive monetary compensation for half the time spent in the class. Notes must be clear, complete and legible.
Role and responsibilities of a note taker:
- The student for whom you are providing a copy of your notes DEPENDS on your promptness in delivering the notes. Accordingly, it is imperative that your notes are received in a timely and consistent manner!
For handwritten notes:
- Handwritten notes need to be placed in the correct mailbox outside the DSO by 4:30pm on the same day as the class for which notes were taken.
- Make a copy of your hand-written notes and bring to the DSO (the mailbox for you to submit the class notes will be labeled). Please place the notes in this mailbox.
For electronic notes:
- Electronic notes need to be sent to the DSO Director via email BY 4:30pm on each class day that notes are taken.
- Email electronic notes to the Disability Services Office Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the mailbox name in the subject line or the body of the email.