Temporary Injuries

The Office of Student Access and Disability Services processes requests for ADAAA defined disabilities, which are long term medical and mental health diagnoses.  Proper documentation must be submitted to the OSA for processing of an accommodation request to occur.

If a student has been temporarily injured, the OSA recommends that the student discuss this issue with their professors as soon as possible Рthe professors would be the individuals to approve any temporary flexibility needed in their classes.  They may require proof/documentation of the injury to provide such flexibility in their classes.

Flexibility for a temporary injury often does not require a formal accommodation.

If you need help problem solving and feel like you need assistance beyond flexibility after attempting the above steps or need help discussing available resources you are welcome to contact our office. Filling out the Temporary Injury Application and having a letter from your physician concerning limitations and duration of limitations would also help speed the process in many cases.