Housing Accommodations

Truman recognizes the importance of providing reasonable accommodations in its housing policies and practices where necessary for individuals with disabilities to use and enjoy University housing.  Truman is dedicated to providing dorm access to students with disabilities.

Read about Housing Accommodation Request Process/Policy


Emotional Assistance/Support Animals

The University’s Emotional Assistance/Support Animal policy applies only to housing accommodations and is not applicable to University buildings beyond the University owned and operated apartments and residence halls.  Emotional assistance/support animals are not generally allowed in classrooms or other university buildings (non-residence buildings) under housing accommodations.

Read Emotional Support Animal Procedure >

Other Housing Accommodation Requests

Residence Life is wonderful about working with students to find a room that fits well with their preferences, even if you do not get exactly what you would like when initially signing up, housing cancellations and changes will free up more availability as changes are processed, so checking for your preferences throughout the housing process is always prudent.  If you cannot find a room that allows for disability access, disability accommodations will be considered each year prior to the Fall semester in July.

For more details on types of disabilities and documentation required, see Applying for Services/Accommodations.